Sunday, November 3, 2019

Playing Your Own Way

One thing my brother and I love to do is to play Fortnite. Now when people play Fortnite they often go for the most kills and get into intense gun battles. However, that is not how I play Fortnite. For those who are not familiar with Fortnite, the game starts where 100 people are dropped on an island, and they have to scavenge for guns and supplies. To win the game you have to be the last one standing out of the 100.

The new season started for Fortnite a few weeks ago, and as soon as you open the app, you are thrown immediately into a game. It was disorienting at first cause it was a new map, and me not being the best player, didn't know what to do. But after a few seconds, I did what I did best.

I hid.

I can't aim to save my life, and I would prefer not to draw attention to myself because I can't defend myself. As far as I see it, the goal is to survive, not kill. So if I survive by hiding, then I survive. I think the majority of that game I hid and watch the other players go at it. Then the next thing I know it is down to me and someone else. When most people do, is they build up so they can see everything and most of the time it give you an advantage because you can see your opponent before they see you.

So that is what my opponent did. I was hiding under a tree when I saw a weak point in his foundation. So I shot it down and he fell, leaving me as the victor. My brother was mad because he spends his time shooting trying to eliminate his opponents, but I just wait patiently for them to kill each other, and when I see my chance I finish them off.

In the end, they both accomplish the same goal, just two very different approaches to accomplishing the goal. You don't always have to do what everyone else is doing, but find a way that works for you. So if that means waiting patiently until the right moment to strike, then go right ahead and wait for your shot. 

1 comment:

Three Most Important Women

So recently I have been traveling a lot because of different people in my life having medical needs and me going to help them. Through all ...