Sunday, August 25, 2019

Love of Reading


One thing that I have enjoyed since graduating from college, is having the time to read books. The time that I would normally be spending doing homework, I now can use that time to read books that I have wanted to read, and explore topics I have wanted to explore.

Then one day I stumbled across this video from Jimmy Kimmel, asking people if the can name one book, and most of them couldn't and most admitted that they don't read. The link is below for those who want to watch.
Jimmy Kimmel- Name a Book

While I did find the video funny, it was also heart breaking. Now I am not an English nut like most my friends, but I know the value of reading a good book, for there is so much you can learn about life and about the people around us. So I made a list of a few books that I love, or books that I am currently reading for those who are looking to get back into reading and want a good book to read.

The Outsiders -Fiction - My favorite book I ever read in school, focused on a gang of greasers and their struggle they go through being wrongly judged just by their appearance. It is a book I own a hard and digital copy, so I can read it when I don't want to read anything else.

How We Learn - Nonfiction - I am currently reading this book, but it is fascinating to study how we learn and memorize what we study. It comes in handy when learning foreign languages, to camera set ups for my job. 

Into the Magic Shop - Nonfiction - This book was recommend to me and it is a very interesting read. It focuses on looking at how our heart and mind connect, and learning to use our mind and heart to the best of our abilities, and finding the inner strength you need.

The Uncommon Life - Nonfiction - This book is an in-depth look at finding your gifts that God has given each of us and using them on a daily basis. It helps find what you are good and passionate at so you can live a life that is on fire for God.

These are just a couple books that I recommend, but there are so many good books out there that you can go and find something that fits you. Also go check out you local library because there is a such a large collection there that you can rent so you can find what books you specifically want.

Reading is such a good activity to fill you day with, so go out today and find a good book to read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Three Most Important Women

So recently I have been traveling a lot because of different people in my life having medical needs and me going to help them. Through all ...